The most progressive marketing companies gathered in Orlando last week for the SiriusDecisions (SD) Summit 2014 #SDSummit. Definitive Results was so excited to be part of the discussions this year. Some highlights of the summit include:
- The ever-evolving SD waterfall earned an update this year. SD has assigned personality types to waterfall patterns, complete with characteristics and recommendations. Are you an ABAA or a classic AABB?
- Wow @DocuSign! With their 95 active lead nurture programs, 20 personas, and 130k new leads in the last quarter, they have not missed a beat in following every step a marketing team should follow to set themselves up for marketing automation and measurement success. They showed the fruits of their labors with many informative presentations throughout the conference.
- One look at the vendor area showed you how many companies there are that will help you navigate the amount of work that is involved in executing a progressive marketing program. From content management to advanced lead scoring to marketing automation platforms to advocate marketing, there are so many areas of marketing that the experts can provide you with tools to success…including us.
- SD shared their expertise on the proper way to setup a Demand Center and the advantages it brings to your business.
- A surprise performance by Steve Perry, formerly of Journey, at the awards gala.
If you get the opportunity, we highly recommend attending the SiriusDecisions Summit. Never underestimate the value of taking a few days away to focus on learning best practices and having the space to think about the best way to apply them to your business.