The DC crowd never disappoints when it comes to Oracle Marketing Cloud (OMC) gatherings and last night was no exception. The City Club in DC was a great setting for OMC customers, prospects and Oracle reps to come together. A panel that included Definitive Results’ CEO Carly Schrager, Corporate Exec Board’s CMO Brian Conway and Certain’s CMO Kristen Alexander, moderated by the famous content marketing guru Jeff Cohen generated engaging discussion. A few noteworthy takeaways below:
- “Let’s not call Dear (insert first name) personalization. Dynamic content is personalization – or the start of it anyway.” – Carly Schrager
- Gather data at as many touchpoints as you can…and use it to learn more about your audience. – Kristen Alexander
- Get DOPE – take personalization across platforms and channels. – Brian Conway
- A question was asked about defining profiles being overwhelming so where do you start. Start with one of your smaller business units or product lines to learn lessons and get started then move onto the larger revenue stream – just take it one step at a time.
- See Carly’s thoughts on how to manage marketing technology at your company.
Check out the MMM homepage to find a Mashup near you! Thank you to @OracleMktgCloud for creating a wonderful event!