For many of us, email deliverability and sender reputation are thorns in our side. Even the most sophisticated marketers find it challenging to stay on top of ever-changing regulations and inconsistent ISP policies, as well as shifts in consumer preferences. For the current scoop on deliverability, check out Return Path’s 2014 Inbox Placement Benchmark Report.
- 1 out of every 6 email messages never finds an inbox
- 6% of email messages end up in a spam folder
- 17% of email marketing campaigns are not reaching consumers
Is your email reaching your intended target?
Check out this recent article by MarketingProfs for some helpful deliverability tips and best practices including:
- Make sure your email template has a safe sender link allowing recipients to add your company’s email to their address book.
- Avoid using a “no reply” address for your email marketing campaigns.
- Work with your in-house email marketing expert or an experienced deliverability consultant to create a deliverability strategy.
- If possible, let consumers know they should be expecting email in advance.
- Create a preference center allowing consumers to control their own preferences.
- Ensure that your email is optimized for mobile devices.
Need help reaching the inbox? Drop us a line and the DRs will help you improve your email deliverability.