You Want ROI? Just Pull the Trigger
It’s no surprise that triggered emails are some of the highest ROI-producing messages you can have in your arsenal. Are you looking to increase your open and click-through rates by over 30%? How about up to 3x your current conversion rates? Research has shown that triggered broadcast campaigns have done just that. How you ask?
Well let’s first explore what a “triggered” email is. A triggered email is sent based on an action taken by the contact. For instance, they may have visited your website, browsed several pages, watched a few videos, filled out a form, they may have signed up for your newsletter. What do you do now?
Each one of those is technically a trigger. The question is, are you tracking and utilizing that ammunition.. er.. information?
Know thy user.
It’s true if you build it they might come. Then again they might get there, scratch their heads, and move on. It’s our role as marketers to know exactly what they are doing while they are there. Where did they click? What did they click? How long did they watch a video?
Here are some attention span statistics of our elusive visitor:
- Average attention span in 2013 — 8 seconds
- Average attention span of a goldfish — 9 seconds (no comment)
- Average number of times per hour an office worker checks their email inbox — 30 (take note of that B2B)
- Average length watched of a single internet video — 2.7 minutes (get to the point in the first 30 seconds to 1 minute)
How about some internet browsing statistics (taken form 59,573 page views):
- Percent of page views that last less than 4 seconds — 17%
- Percent of page views that lasted more than 10 minutes — 4%
- Percent of words read on web pages with 111 words or less — 49%
- Users spend only 4.4 seconds more for each additional 100 words
(Source: National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, The Associated Press)
What does all this mean? Short, concise, clear messages and campaigns on your website and in email? Possibly. The point is, there is a wealth of data in your Eloqua instance. Are you looking for the right metrics? Do you fully understand how Insight works and how to leverage it?
Analyze your data, target your audience, and pull the “trigger”. You’re sure to hit your ROI bullseye.
If you have an questions, we’re dedicated to your success. Feel free to contact us.
No comment yet.